The Dota 2 BEAT Invitational™ aims with our 5th season to become the premier North and South American Dota 2 event, and in the process, to help grow the North and South American Dota 2 community and it’s teams. To help reach that goal we have invited some of the best talent in the region to compete for their share of our $10,000+ prize pool. Each ticket sold will increase the prize pool! This of course would not be possible without the help of our friends and sponsors.
- Xfire aspires to be the Ultimate Tournament Platform. Xfire is a free, web based tournament platform that provides a registration system, customizable brackets, and automated stats and score reporting for select titles. Xfire technology can be embedded anywhere and enhance the experience for any community tournament.
- G2A.COM is a digital marketplace offering activation codes for games, time cards, software and any other digital goods. The site is known for partnership with such recognizable gaming brands and individuals as: PayPal, Klei Entertainment, Gameforge, Symantec, Nordic Games, Cipsoft, Grinding Gear Games, PewDiePie, KSI, SivHD, Alodia Gosiengfiao and Liz Katz. G2A.COM also supports many charity events, including the ongoing Save the Children campaign which supports the various projects of Save the Children organization (https://www.g2a.com/savethechildren). You can choose from the ever growing list of over 8,000 products. Visit: https://www.g2a.com now and check out the offers!
- From day one, SteelSeries has been focused on making high performance gaming gear used by the most demanding, top professional gamers worldwide and peripherals that provide superior quality and a competitive edge to gamers of all skill levels. We believe, as most gamers do, in winning, not trying!
- MSI is proud of its more than 20 years experience in designing and manufacturing high performance IT products. The product lines of MSI are motherboards, graphic cards, notebooks, consumer electronics, barebones, networking and server products, and fully integrated add-on peripherals. With its ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 qualified facilities, MSI products provide the ultimate performance, reliability and value-increasing productivity.
- HighgroundTV is a premier Dota 2 broadcasting studio supported by a small but thorough editorial staff dedicated to bringing high quality production to the professional scene. Primary casters include such luminaries as Greg “WhatIsHip” Laird, and Travis “Maut” Bueno, and remain the only casting group utilizing consistent ingame statistical support provided by Trent “MotPax” McKenzie. All this broadcasting talent is tied together by the masterful camera work and production skills of J.J. “PimpmuckL” Liebig, including in-game team-fight replays and a recap at the end of each match. In addition to the ingame crew, the broadcasters benefit from the research and statistical skills of Brian “ThatPhageGuy” Peddie, supporting with prep work between matches as well as from the sidelines. With experience ranging from smaller professional tournaments like the Dota 2 BEAT Invitational™ ranging up to casting at The International, HighgroundTV has the experience and dedication to make any tournament a must-see.
Our confirmed invitees:
- NORTH AMERICAN REJECTS
- compLexity Gaming
- Wheel Whreck While Whistling
- Void Boys
- Boreal eSports
- ROOT Gaming
- paiN Gaming
- Not Today
- Summoner’s Rift
- Team Leviathan
Open qualifiers will be running on April 4th. If you’d like to sign up and participate please go to www.xfire.com/tournament/3788 where you can find all the pertinent information.
Main qualifiers begin directly afterwards on April 5th and conclude April 11th. The group stage is planned to start in full on April 17th, playoff dates pending group stage results. Please check our schedule for the latest.
English: HighGroundTV – http://www.twitch.tv/dota2canadacup
Russian: Adekvat – http://www.twitch.tv/adekvat
Spanish: GamerstudioTV – http://www.twitch.tv/gamerstudiotv (when available)
Portuguese: ImpetusTV – http://www.twitch.tv/impetustv (when available)
French: Effovex – http://www.twitch.tv/dota2qc (when available)
Vietnamese: PotaStudio (when available)
If you would like more information about Season 5 go to http://https://beat.gl/
The full Sven set will come with custom ability icons and is now available in the Dota 2 Store
6 thoughts on “Dota 2 BEAT Invitational™ Season 5 Announcement!”
Season 5, team Apes123 uses cheatings. We got replay and pictures as evidences but admins refused to kick them out.
That’s weird because a sore losing team accused my brothers team of cheating and Mods made them play a Bo3 even though they weren’t cheating. So if you had evidence I dont know why the mods would make one team with no evidence replay while completely ignoring a case with evidence.
Your brothers team left observers on during the match at a 10 second delay. The default is 2 minutes and both teams must agree to observers which the other team was not aware of. Bo3 was the fairest ruling as we have no idea if it was intentional or not.
I get the ruling, wasn’t complaining about it but see that it looks that way. Was just saying it wouldn’t make sense for a similar situation to be handled differently. Must be more to the story than what the other user posted.
As we said to you yesterday:
The admin said you enabled spectators as well which is cheating and a violation of the rules. We reviewed the game and saw the game play.
The “bug” you are talking about was reported to Valve here http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=70996 and then was removed from the bug list http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=127919 which means it was intentionally left in.
Sorry for the issue but the ruling stands. Best of luck next season.